– The House of Representatives have berated the federal government for its recent action
– The lower house is not happy about the executive with-holding funds meant for the National Judicial Council (NJC)
– Honourable Aminu Shagari representing Shagari/Yabo refederal constituency moved the motion
The House of Representatives have berated the federal government for with-holding funds meant for the National Judicial Council (NJC).
A motion to this effect was moved by Honourable Aminu Shehu Shagari representing Shagari/Yabo refederal constituency in Sokoto state.
Shagari harped on the need for the executive arm of government to release funds budgeted for the NJC in the 2016 Appropriation Act.
He stated that withholding funds due to the NJC is an infraction on the Nigerian Constitution, even as he urged his colleagues to protect the principle of separation of powers by supporting the motion
The motion was then adopted by the green chamber. The House therefore resolved to;
1. Urge Mr President to direct the relevant agencies to release to the NJC all outstanding funds approved in the 2016 Appropriation Act
2. Direct the committees on judiciary and finance to ensure implementation
On Wednesday, January 18, the House addressed the issue of abandoned relatives of slain policemen.
The motion was sponsored by Honourable Oghene Emma Egoh, representing Amuwo Odofin Federal constituency in Lagos state.
Egoh, a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) member stressed on the need for dependent relatives of over 3000 police personnel who died in active service to be paid their entitlements.see How I Increased my Manhod Size & Stopped Premature Ejaculation That almost Scattered My Relationship.. Click HERE For Details.
Free Website Design tutorial. No Coding