The Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja would be closed completely for runway repairs beginning from March 8.
The airport would be closed for six weeks and during that period all domestic and international flights will be diverted to Kaduna airport, 170 kilometres (105 miles) away.
Passengers travelling to Abuja will have to fly to Kaduna and travel in bus shuttles, guarded by security provided by the government, to the FCT on a pot-holed road where kidnappings have taken place in the last few years.
As a result of the closure, the federal government has listed eight emergency centres alongside 10 governmental and non-governmental agencies that will provide emergency medical services in case of accidents during the six weeks of the closure.
The eight health facilities which are situated in Kaduna and Niger states are:
1. Umar Yar’Adua Specialist Hospital
2. Anglican Mission Hospital, Katari
3. General Hospital, Doka
4. Federal Road Safety Corps Clinic, Kakau
5. Primary Healthcare Centre, Duste
6. Rigasa Health Centre
7. St. Gerard’s Hospital, Kakuri
8. National Eye Centre, Kaduna
The 10 governmental and non-governmental agencies are:
1. Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC)
2. Nigeria Police Force
3. National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA)
4. Federal Fire Service
5. National Blood Transfusion Service
6. Association of Medical Social Workers of Nigeria
7. Kaduna state Ministry of Health
8. Niger state Ministry of Health
9. Federal Capital Territory Health and Human Services Secretariat
10. Ministry of Defence
The Nigerian police has said it will deploy 500 police trucks to man Abuja-Kaduna Expressway during the period the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport will be shut.
Earlier, the Senate had said it does not think there is any need for the airport to be shut for repairs as planned.
Senators grilled the minister of power, works and housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola, alongside the minister for state (Aviation), Senator Hadi Sirika and representatives of the Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE) over the closure.
Below is a video of an airport in Nigeria where a ladder was used for disembarking and boarding.see How I Increased my Manhod Size & Stopped Premature Ejaculation That almost Scattered My Relationship.. Click HERE For Details.
Free Website Design tutorial. No Coding